Girls Monthly Moon Circle - 26 June 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
This is a brand new monthly circle for girls, a sacred, fun and private space for girls to learn more about their menstrual cycle and cycle self-care, so the conversation, support, learning and sisterhood can continue! In this beautiful circle just for girls they'll be guided to drop in to their body, to relaxation, to learning and feeling supported and confident as they grow!
Whether your child comes with a friend or by themselves they're sure to meet new friends and feel supported in our circle. By joining this circle the girls will:
- Be supported to be themselves and learn to have healthy, positive and respectful friendships. In circle we begin with the sharing of guidelines which clearly explain what is expected from each other and from myself as the facilitator in this space.
- Grow a healthy connection to their body, so they can learn to tune into and express their feelings, their needs, intuition, boundaries, and to have a healthy appreciation of their body.
- Practice age-appropriate meditation and embodiment practices that help to manage stress, build skills to help them relax, and get out of their busy minds.
- Learn about what they can expect during puberty, and keep expecting once their menstrual cycle begins.
-Have a safe and trusted space to ask their questions and hear their peers experiences so friendship, school, periods and all things t(w)eenage becomes normalised and ok to talk about.
- Share tips and support with each other
Learn more about cycle self-care, cycle-syncing, and understand more about the seasons of their cycle as they experience it.
- Experience different rituals and activities which may include meditation, doing, making, playing, story telling, art, and who knows what else we'll think of!
This monthly event will always be in the middle of the calendar month. Your child is welcome to come when they can.
Ticket price is for one child at one circle. This is just for female-identifying children between the ages of 9-14.
Parents are welcome to come to have a tea at the end of circle for the last few minutes to join us but is primarily just a space for them to express themselves and learn to be themselves. A light afternoon tea will be provided for the girls.
What mothers and children say about Charlotte's circles:
"I got to learn all about my period and body parts for when I need it and so I can talk about it without being embarrassed." - child participant
"My 11 yr old daughter just did a First Moon Circle and got so much out of the event. Her and her friends have a support group now, thank you." - Parent
"It was so worthwhile doing and my daughter is now not embarrassed to talk to me about these issues so I can't thank you enough for hosting these sessions" - Parent
About your facilitator:
Charlotte Pointeaux is a trained Youth Mentor, Menstrual and Moon Cycle Coach and the creator of the First Moon Circles. She coaches women and girls to connect with their body's wisdom, intuition, creativity and self-care through the power of the menstrual and moon cycles.
Find out more:
- A cosy cushion in our circle$45$450$0
- Bring a friend$75$750$0
- Single concession$30$300$0