Confidently You - Tween Girls empowerment workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Sister Souls Mentoring delivers heart-centred empowerment workshops for TWEEN girls aiming to build confidence, resilience, a strong sense of self and to equip participants with simple tools to use daily as they navigate school, friendships, family life and journey through adolescence and beyond.
Girls derive a sense of confidence from being proud of who they are. The tween years are often a challenging time for girls as they experience changes in themselves, their friends and at school, which can lead to high levels of stress, decreased confidence in their abilities and a worse perception of how liked they are by friends. Between the ages of 8-14, research showed that girls confidence drops significantly, by 30%, most often due to a fear of failure and not being liked by friends (YPulse and the Confidence Code for Girls).
We'll be exploring:
- I Love All That I Am: This session delves into what makes you the special, unique, impressive person you are, including an exploration of values, personal strengths, talents and preferences. Girls understand their own values and strengths, and why it’s important to cherish these.
- I Am Deserving Of Beautiful Friendships: Exploring what healthy friendships look like, understanding why friendships change over time and how to handle these changes. Girls gain perspective on friendships, reflect on their own friendships and gain tools to help achieve positive, balanced dynamics.
- I Am Beautiful Inside And Out: Exploration of positive body image and the role media plays in distorting our perception of beauty, and how it can be perpetuated by society. We discuss that beauty is not just skin-deep, and girls make their own natural skincare product for a mini facial in class!
- I Soothe Myself with Self-Care: Exploring tools to identify and prioritise caring for our emotional, physical and mental needs. Girls learn about the importance of setting personal boundaries, practicing mindfulness and relaxation, and girls make their own selfcare plan to take home.
Therefore our fun, inspiring, heart-centred 1 day school-readiness workshop aims to develop in our girls':
- Pride and a strong sense of self via an appreciation of their strengths, values, gifts and talents;
- Connection to their inner wisdom - intuition - to empower girls to make smart decisions, develop and maintain healthy, positive relationships;
- Understanding of how friendship dynamics and playground behaviour can change at this age, and strategies for dealing with it.
- Tips for managing stress;
- A sense of belonging and friendships with like-minded positive girls who raise each other up;
- Resiliency, feeling capable and confident.
This beautiful, intimate 1 day workshop will nurture your girl in a safe, loving space facilitated by Charlotte Pointeaux, a trained youth mentor and experienced workshop facilitator. It's an ideal workshop to attend ahead of the school year, helping to allay any anxieties or nerves they might have, equipping them with tools to cope and flourish at school, and giving them a new friendship group to start the year with!
Spaces are limited to ensure that each girl receives lots of time and support throughout the day.
BRING A FRIEND: Receive a special price if you bring along a friend to share in the fun! Sharing is caring!
Ticket price covers all learning materials, a healthy lunch and afternoon tea, drinks throughout and a gift bag to take away to remember the day.
- Bring a friend! (2 tickets)$250$2500$0
- General ticket x1$150$1500$0